MoonPark Review is an online literary journal devoted to publishing compelling, imaginative short prose that breaks our hearts, haunts us, makes us laugh, or gives us hope. We love flash fiction, prose poems, and hybrid forms.
We are currently reading for Issue 21, Fall 2022.
One of us loves cerebral stuff. The other loves speculative stuff. Both of us love poetic micros, dark and twisty tales, and queer themes. If your submission compels us to read it aloud to each other, you’re golden. If you send us a story with a happy ending, make us believe it.
- 750 word maximum (prose only: flash fiction, CNF, prose poetry, hybrids).
- Note that for us, prose poems do not contain line breaks; and hybrids must operate within the structure of prose — i.e., sentences, paragraphs. For more on the prose poem form, see Poets.org Glossary entry for “Prose Poem.”
- Email original, previously unpublished submissions to moonparkreview [at] gmail [dot] com.
- Paste your submission into the body of the email (no attachments, please).
- Please submit one piece at a time.
- If you’re submitting individual micros (less than 200 words each), you may send up to three in one submission.
- Please include a short bio with your submission.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine, but please let us know when a piece is no longer available.
MoonPark Review acquires First North American Serial Rights. Copyright reverts to author upon publication. MoonPark Review would, of course, appreciate acknowledgment as original publisher.